Reminder: scheme closing at 12noon on Monday 16 December 2019
NIJAC is inviting applications for the office of fee paid Experienced Member of the Review Tribunal (currently the Mental Health Review Tribunal). It is intended to make 10 appointments and to maintain a reserve list for 12 months from the anticipated date of the first appointment (23 March 2020).
To be eligible for appointment as an Experienced Member is to, by the closing date for applications (16 December 2019) have such experience in administration, such knowledge of social care or such other qualifications or experience as the Department of Justice considers suitable. Some relevant experience such as working with people with psychiatric disorders or persons who lack, or may lack capacity would be advantageous.
This experience or knowledge may include the following
- a social worker;
- a counsellor;
- a student of psychology or psychotherapy;
- a care worker or someone working in a health & social care setting or supported housing or group homes;
- anyone working in a professional capacity with persons who lack, or may lack capacity;
- a nurse or midwife;
- an Occupational Therapist;
- a Speech and Language Therapist;
- a Practitioner Psychologist;
- an employee/volunteer of a charity which works with people with a psychiatric disorder, mental illness, or learning disability or persons who lack, or may lack capacity;
- someone who has a friend or family member with a psychiatric disorder, mental illness, learning disability, dementia or who lacks, or may lack capacity.
Fee: £176 per day or £88 per half day
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 16 December 2019
For further information and to apply online please click here.