NIJAC is inviting applications for the office of fee paid Experienced Member of the Mental Health Review Tribunal (MHRT) for Northern Ireland.
It is intended to make one appointment and to maintain a reserve list for 12 months from the anticipated date of the first appointment (7 January 2019).
To be eligible for appointment a person must, by the closing date for applications:
• Have such experience as the Department of Justice considers suitable. This experience or knowledge may include the following:
- a counsellor
- a care worker or a hostel worker working in supported housing or group homes
- a student of psychology or psychotherapy
- someone who teaches people with a psychiatric disorder, or mental illness or learning disability
- a volunteer working with people with a psychiatric disorder or mental illness or learning disability
- a member of a care group which supports a mental health charity or
- someone who has a friend or a family member with a psychiatric disorder or mental illness or learning disability
Completed applications must be received by NIJAC no later than 12 noon on Monday 22 October 2018